Innovative Micro Technology (IMT) is one of the leading MEMS foundries in the world, manufacturing complex microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), photonic circuits, sensors, and biochips. IMT partners with innovative companies and helps them manufacture revolutionary solutions that improve the world.
IMT is resolved to help our customers bring their innovations to life using our proven phase-gate process to successfully navigate the challenges of design, development, prototype, scale-up, and high-volume production.
IMT has over two decades of MEMS experience with a dedicated team of world-class MEMS experts that have worked on over 500 MEMS programs. This experience combined with our volume production facility help ensure customers get to market fast with the highest chance of commercial success.
- 13-acre, 165,000 ft2 manufacturing facility with the capacity to support high volume production
- 30,000 ft2 class 100 clean room
- Over 400 tools for both 6” and 8” wafer production
- Broad materials flexibility, providing access to an extensive set of processes and materials unavailable in CMOS fabs, including noble metals, polymers, and virtually any substrate (e.g., silicon, SOI, glass, fused silica, quartz, borosilicate, piezos, and III-V).
IMT is the largest MEMS foundry in the US, providing close collaboration for North American customers and the assurance that intellectual property is protected and respected. The Company is privately-held and controlled by Cerium Technology.
IMT has mature quality systems to ensure processes are repeatable, scalable, traceable, and secure. This includes:
- ISO 9001 certified (since 2006)
- ISO 13485:2018 compliant (Medical Quality System Regulation)
- IATF 16949:2016 compliant
- Mature MES, document control, and phase-gate systems
- GLM and GMP compliance in process
- ITAR registered
IMT is located in Goleta, California next door to the University of California, Santa Barbara, one of the top engineering universities in the world. This talent pool combines with IMT’s multi-disciplinary team of scientists and manufacturing engineers to tackle the hardest process development and integration challenges with an eye toward manufacturability (DFM). IMT is continuously building its expansive library of proven processes to ensure customers can quickly get to market with the best performing devices at the least risk and development cost.
Contact us to see how we can help bring your innovations to life.